Public Exhibition: Thetford’s Lost Tudor Sculptures, at the Ancient House Museum, Thetford, Norfolk
From 6 September 2013 to 29 March 2014
This exhibition studies the catastrophic effects of the Dissolution of Thetford Priory and of Henry VIII’s attempted destruction of the Howards on the ducal tomb-monuments at Thetford. Parts of two unfinished monuments were salvaged and moved to St Michael’s, Framlingham, Suffolk: other pieces were abandoned in the ruined priory. Here they are reunited, in a mixture of the virtual and the real, for the first time since 1540.
There is a [free] exhibition guide, designed by Jim Roberts, available at the Ancient House.
Exhibition open Tues-Sat, 10-4 at the Ancient House. 01842 752599 or visit the website for more information
Read Dr. Phillip Lindley’s recent blog post regarding the exhibition here